Diagnosis and Management of Lung Cancer, 3rd edition
Diagnosis and Management of Lung Cancer, 3rd edition: American College of Chest Physicians Evidence-Based Clinical Practice Guidelines
- More than 275 recommendations for the diagnosis, treatment, and management of patients with lung cancer, covering the full spectrum of care from initial evaluation to palliative and end-of-life care.
- Additional recommendations for screening, chemoprevention, and treatment of tobacco use in patients with lung cancer.
The guidelines were published May 2013 as a supplement to CHEST, with a corresponding editorial in the May issue of CHEST. They are available in print or online.
The print version includes:
- Executive Summary
- Methodology for the Development
Order the printed guidelines now
Online and App
Includes complete guidelines—inclusive of articles on individual topics, evidence profile tables, and more.
Access online now
The full guidelines can be accessed via the CHEST Journal app for the iPhone® and iPad®. To access the guidelines through the app, you must have a subscription to CHEST and log in through the app. Subscriptions cannot be obtained through the app.
The app is available in iTunes®
The 3rd edition includes innovative procedural and methodological advances that have changed previous recommendations, including:
- The most recent staging system, along with methods for staging.
- An article devoted to tobacco dependence treatment in lung cancer patients.
- A more critical approach to guideline development, employing the latest standards for evidence-based medicine.
- Focus on advancements in symptom management and palliative and end-of-life care.
- Focus on only those outcomes deemed patient-important.
Learn more about additional evidence-based guidelines and consensus statements
and related courses on the methodology of guideline development
Social Media and ACCP e-Community
Join in the conversation about the new guidelines on social media. Comment on the CHEST Facebook wall; follow us on Twitter, and tweet with the the hashtag #LCIII; and post in the e-Community.
Share our new infographic (see right) about the new guidelines and lung cancer. Please credit American College of Chest Physicians and CHEST and link back to www.chestnet.org/lungcancer.
Download the image file now
Listen to podcasts on the methodology and key recommendations of the lung cancer guidelines, 3rd edition.
Staging Lung Cancer
The Staging Lung Cancer site includes an interactive staging calculator designed to address the complexities of the 7th edition lung cancer stage classification system in a clinically relevant format.
Lung Cancer Patient Resources
Visit the The CHEST Foundation pages for lung cancer patient resources.
Back to Top