Share, search, discuss, create, and collaborate on this private, secure virtual platform.
NetWorks are special interest groups that focus on particular areas of chest medicine. Join any of the NetWorks to connect with others who have similar interests, help plan educational sessions, take on leadership roles, and participate in the development of policies, opinions, and position statements. NetWork membership is open to CHEST members. Join multiple NetWorks or change your NetWork affiliation any time by indicating your preferences in your profile.
In addition to joining NetWorks, you can also join the Diversity Group in the e-Community. The Diversity Group is an online forum for diversity issues relevant to medicine. The Diversity Group has access to all the same benefits that the e-Community provides the NetWorks.
We are currently seeking volunteers to serve on all 22 NetWork steering committees, with a term of office beginning November 1. A list of NetWorks can be found below.
2015 Call for Nominations
All applicants must be a member of CHEST, current in their dues and a member of the NetWork to which they are applying.
Key roles and responsibilities for serving on a NetWork steering committee include:
- Active involvement in developing and implementing engagement strategies in the CHEST e-Community.
- Serve as expert resources to groups internal and external to CHEST.
- Implement relevant projects that are consistent with the mission and strategic goals of CHEST.
- Provide expertise and personnel, as requested, to support evidence-based guideline and consensus statement review processes.
- Provide broad-based input to the Education Committee and/or other CHEST Committees regarding potential issues of interest. Such input shall be communicated through the NetWork Chair and/or a steering committee representative.
- Participate in the selection of and monitor the progress of the Distinguished Scholars as requested by the CHEST Foundation.
- Attendance at the NetWork Featured Lecture at the CHEST annual meeting.
- Development of NetWork Highlights for CHEST.
- Identifying replacement speakers for CHEST-related educational activities.
Nominees will be reviewed and voted upon by the current steering committee members. Recommendations will be submitted to Barbara Phillips, President-Elect of CHEST, for final approval.
For more detailed information on responsibilities and participation required of steering committee members, please see the NetWorks Handbook online.
All nominees must submit:
A. Completed NIH biosketch or CV (Maximum 10 pages)
B. Statement of Commitment and Purpose (500 words or less)
C. Conflict of Interest Disclosure (COI) - Once you submit items A and B above (NIH biosketch or CV and Statement of Commitment and Purpose) CHEST will request completion of a COI disclosure. You will not be considered if the COI disclosure is not received by the due date.
If your information is not complete, your name will not be included on the ballot.
Nomination Deadline: May 11
Submit all nomination materials to:
Beth Corey, NetWork and Communications Manager