Each month, CHEST features the best in peer-reviewed, cutting-edge original research in the multidisciplinary specialties of chest medicine, including pulmonary, critical care, and sleep medicine; thoracic surgery; cardiorespiratory interactions; and related disciplines. It is home to our highly regarded clinical practice guidelines and consensus statements. Readers can find the latest research posted in the Online First section each week and access a variety of special series that provide insight into relevant clinical areas, such as Recent Advances in Chest Medicine, Topics in Practice Management, Pulmonary and Critical Care Pearls, Chest Imaging and Pathology for Clinicians, and Contemporary Reviews. Point/Counterpoint Editorials and the CHEST Journal Podcasts explore controversial issues, fostering discussion among physicians. CHEST is the official publication of the American College of Chest Physicians and is available in print, online, on the mobile Web, and as an app for iPhone®, iPad®, and iPod touch®.
Explore the great content and features of CHEST online.
Subscribe as an individual. (Members do not need to subscribe.)
Subscribe as a library or institution administrator.
Download the CHEST app.
Editor in Chief: Richard S. Irwin, MD, Master FCCP
Archived back to 1935
Acceptance rate: 9-13% for Original Research
Time to first decision: 4 weeks
Acceptance to publication: 2-3 weeks to Online First, 5 months to print
Submission site: http://mc.manuscriptcentral.com/chest
- Categories: Critical Care and Respiratory Systems
- Impact Factor: 5.854
- Impact Factor Rank: 4th among all respiratory systems and 3rd among critical care journals
- 5-Year Impact Factor: 6.42
- Total Citations: 44,596
- Total Articles: 307
- Immediacy Index: 3.394
- Eigenfactor Score: 0.08109
- Article Influence Score: 2.188
- Google Scholar Rank: 91 (of 100 journals from all disciplines)
- Google Scholar h5-index: 89
Features of CHEST Publications Online
- Collections that can be browsed by relevant topics in chest medicine across all CHEST Publications and within special sections of the CHEST journal
- Search across all CHEST Publications, including the entire CHEST journal archive (from 1935) and books, or limit results to a single publication.
- Recommended readings shown in context for all articles from CHEST, CHEST Books, PubMed, and National Guideline Clearinghouse
- Personalization features such as e-mail alerts and RSS feeds available for new content and by topic or special section
- Guidelines and consensus statements accessible from anywhere on the site, plus quick links to guidelines in the National Guideline Clearinghouse
- Podcasts available monthly from CHEST, on the site or in iTunes®
- Mobile sites for all publications, offering a streamlined view for searching, browsing, and reading content on the go