See CHEST Simulation Events
As the first medical society ever to receive accreditation from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, we are an international leader in providing hands-on learning opportunities. Our new Innovation, Simulation, and Training Center is a state-of-the-art education facility that includes:
- A 3,200 square-foot auditorium, with ample storage and up-to-date technology, offering the ideal setting for educational lectures and forums
- Small group training rooms for problem solving and peer exchange
- Six simulation training rooms designed to feel like real ICU suites
- A wet lab that enhances the robust experience of simulation training
We offer programs with a strong clinical focus on improving patient care in:
- Airway Management
- Critical Care Management
- Critical Care Ultrasonography
- Mechanical Ventilation
Our simulation program combines evidence-based medicine with technologically advanced simulation education techniques and hands-on learning to:
- Provide advanced, hands-on, clinical education experiences for participants from a wide scope of practices.
- Integrate a variety of task-trainers, low- and high-fidelity simulators, and actual medical devices to provide optimal learning opportunities.
- Use multimedia tools to enhance presentations and record the events.
- Emphasize current standards of practice, patient safety, evidence-based patient care, and formative assessments.
- Offer courses led by expert clinicians in their respective fields of study.
- Support the Certificate of Completion Program.
Simulation Education With the Proven Leader
An important component of the Advanced Clinical Training program is simulation education. We are an established leader in simulation education, providing programs with a strong clinical focus for improving patient care. Since 2005, more than 5,000 physicians have benefited from our simulation education programs.
We use world-renowned, dynamic faculty: more than 250 physicians from leading hospitals and academic institutions, representing key disciplines. A student to teacher ratio of 5:1 or better ensures focused, thoughtful attention and a performance-based, hands-on assessment for each participant.
Each year, we host the world’s largest simulation education event in the simulation center during our CHEST annual meeting: serving more than 1,000 physicians in nearly 25,000 square feet of space, featuring state-of-the-art simulation technology and education.
CHEST Simulation Events
We are excited to offer these simulation courses in our new Innovation, Simulation, and Training Center.
Focused Thoracic and Vascular Ultrasound 9/18-9/19
Critical Care Echocardiography 9/20-9/21
Comprehensive Bronchoscopy With Endobronchial Ultrasound 9/25-9/27
Ultrasound Train-the-Trainer 11/13-11/14
Ultrasonography: Essentials in Critical Care 12/3-12/5
Advanced Critical Care Echocardiography
Comprehensive Pleural Procedures
Critical Care Echocardiography
Difficult Airway Management: 2014 Update for the Practicing Intensivist
Essentials of Airway Management: Skills, Planning, and Teamwork
Essentials of Bronchoscopy
The Essentials of Managing Obstructive Sleep Apnea
Essentials of Mechanical Ventilation for Providers
Focused Thoracic and Vascular Ultrasound
Management of Sleep-Disordered Breathing in Clinical Practice
Mechanical Ventilation: Advanced Critical Care Management
- Boston Scientific Endoscopy
- CAE Healthcare
- Cook Medical
- ERBE USA
- Fisher and Paykel Healthcare
- Intersurgical Incorporated
- Karl Storz Endoscopy America, Inc.
- Med Alliance Group, Inc.
- Olympus America
- Pentax Medical Company
- Philips Healthcare
- Philips Respironics
- Simbionix USA Corporation
- SonoSite, Inc.
- Spiration, Inc.
- superDimension, Inc.
- Veran Medical Technologies
- Vision-Sciences, Inc.
Back to Top