See CHEST Simulation Events
As the first medical society ever to receive accreditation from the Society for Simulation in Healthcare, we are an international leader in providing hands-on learning opportunities. Our new Innovation, Simulation, and Training Center is a state-of-the-art education facility that includes:
- A-3,200 square foot auditorium, with ample storage and up-to-date technology, offering the ideal setting for educational lectures and forums
- Small group training rooms for problem solving and peer exchange
- Six simulation training rooms designed to mirror real ICU suites
- A wet lab that enhances the robust experience of simulation training
We offer programs with a strong clinical focus on improving patient care in:
- Airway Management
- Bronchoscopy and Pulmonary Procedures
- Critical Care Ultrasonography
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Pulmonary Function Testing
Our simulation program combines evidence-based medicine with technologically advanced simulation education techniques and hands-on learning to:
- Provide advanced, hands-on, clinical education experiences for participants from a wide scope of practices.
- Integrate a variety of task-trainers, low- and high-fidelity simulators, and actual medical devices to provide optimal learning opportunities.
- Use multimedia tools to enhance presentations and record the events.
- Emphasize current standards of practice, patient safety, evidence-based patient care, and formative assessments.
- Offer courses led by expert clinicians in their respective fields of study.
- Support the Certificate of Completion Program.
Simulation Education With the Proven Leader
An important component of the Advanced Clinical Training program is simulation education. We are an established leader in simulation education, providing programs with a strong clinical focus for improving patient care. Since 2005, more than 5,000 physicians have benefited from our simulation education programs.
We use world-renowned, dynamic faculty: more than 250 physicians from leading hospitals and academic institutions, representing key disciplines. A student to teacher ratio of 5:1 or better ensures focused, thoughtful attention and a performance-based, hands-on assessment for each participant.
Each year, we host the world’s largest simulation education event in the simulation center during our CHEST annual meeting: serving more than 1,000 physicians in nearly 25,000 square feet of space, featuring state-of-the-art simulation technology and education.
CHEST Simulation Events
We are excited to offer these simulation courses in our new Innovation, Simulation, and Training Center. To view upcoming courses, visit our Live Learning calendar.
- Advanced Clinical Training in Pulmonary Function Testing
- Advanced Critical Care Echocardiography
- Celebration of Pediatric Pulmonology
- Comprehensive Bronchoscopy With Endobronchial Ultrasound
- Comprehensive Pleural Procedures
- Critical Care Echocardiography
- Difficult Airway Management
- Focused Thoracic and Vascular Ultrasound
- Guidelines Methodology
- Mechanical Ventilation: Advanced Critical Care Management
- Procedures for the Intensivist
- Ultrasonography: Essentials in Critical Care
- Airtraq, LLC
- Arjohuntleigh Getinge Group
- Boston Scientific Endoscopy
- CAE Healthcare
- Cook Medical
- Covidien superDimension
- ERBE USA
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
- FUJIFILM Medical Systems America, Inc.
- Karl Storz Endoscopy America, Inc.
- Laerdal Medical
- Olympus Corporation of the Americas
- Philips Healthcare
- Philips Respironics
- Simbionix USA Corporation
- SonoSite, Inc.
- Spiration, Inc., Olympus Respiratory America
- Teleflex Medical
- Verathon Medical
Back to Top