Trainee Resource Hub
As a chest medicine trainee, or a specialist transitioning out of training, we strive to provide you with access to personal and professional resources tailored to your career level.
Our goals are to provide each member with the opportunities and resources necessary to become excellent teachers, clinicians, and scholars; to foster active participation and progress in our organization; and to develop exemplary ambassadors of CHEST at local, regional, and national levels.
With this in mind, the Trainee Hub features highlighted resources for each stage of your training.
Click an image below to view resources available.
Connect with more resources by downloading our Trainee Resources e-Book below and make sure to visit the Trainee Opportunities page to see how CHEST membership can benefit you.
Trainees: Special Membership Offer
Does your fellowship program know about our Basic membership offer? Mention to your Training Program Director that they’ll earn a free year of membership when they enroll or renew your Basic membership for $60 each.
Membership applications are due Wednesday, March 1. Contact email@example.com or 224/521-9569 for more information.
Residents: Your Fellowship Questions are Answered
Pulmonary and Critical Care Fellow Program Directors have your answer to common questions asked by residents preparing for the fellowship application process.
Click a topic below to view each video.
Life as a Fellow Blog
A series of "fellow life lessons" from members of the Training and Transitions Committee Trainee Work group (current trainees in leadership with CHEST):
- A Fellows Experience: Adjusting to Research by Erin Crowley, MD
- Transitioning Out of Fellowship—So I am Finally a Doctor…. by Melissa Lesko, DO
- How to Balance Personal and Professional Life During Fellowship by Leena Pawar, MD
- Surviving Your First Year of PCCM/Sleep Fellowship by Usman Nazir, MD
- Tricks to Stay Afloat During Your First Year of Fellowship by Van Holden, MD
- Becoming a Parent During Fellowship by James Town, MD
- Physical Fitness and Health During Fellowship by Bravein Amalakuhan, MD
- How to Succeed in Research during your PCCM Fellowship by Christopher Erb, MD, PhD
- Dealing with Death: Personal Self-Care by Melissa Lesko, DO
- Work/Life Balance by Talayeh Rezayat, MC, USAF
- Selecting Mentors and Projects by Joshua Smith, MD
- Choosing the Right Fellowship (for you) by James Town, MD
Back to Top